La Lorenza is a small private reserve just 50 minutes away from the city of Iguazu in the northeastern tip of Argentina. Its goal is to conserve a portion of the Atlantic Forest and the rich diversity contained within it, with tourism as an ally. Situated on the Paraná River, across from Paraguay, the property is surrounded by rainforest and small farms where local families live off the land. The reserve boasts a wooden house and a deck, which provide a privileged spot to relax after each excursion.
AM or PM
30 days prior to service: 30% penalty.
8:00am or 13:30hs
15:00hs or 20:30hs
Pick Up and Drop Off:
"Meeting Point " -
Spanish and English Speaking Guide
Maximum Group Size:
NAVIGATION ON THE PARANÁ RIVER TO THE YASY CASCADE + HEAVY APPETIZER
Upon arrival at La Lorenza a motor boat will be waiting for us to navigate up the Paraná River. After 15 minutes we will reach the Yasy cascade, a local hidden gem. In the intimacy of this breathtaking natural landscape, you can go for a swim and maybe even allow the waterfall to give you a massage. Bathing here is safe and enjoyable as there are no aggressive animals in its waters. On the way back, we will free float briefly down the Paraná River as we enjoy its whirlpools and calm waters. With a view of Paraguay on our private deck, by the bank of the Paraná River, a delicious appetizer and some drinks will be offered. This is a good time to share endless local stories and curiosities.
- A bilingual guide English/Spanish.
- A motorboat ride.
- Private Tour.
- Hand sanitizer, bug repellent spray, hand fans, towel and poncho raincoat.
- Drinks: water, flavored water, beer and red wine.
- Heavy appetizer: argentine empanadas, cheese and cold cut platters. Fruits. Please let us know in advance if you have any sort of dietary restrictions so we can adapt the menu.
- Transfers (can be included in the booking process)
The following penalties will apply for cancellations:
- 30 days prior to the service: 30% of the total amount.
- Between 29 and 8 days prior to the service: 50% of the total amount.
- Between 7 days prior and the date of the service: 100% of the total amount.
CANCELLATION DUE TO WEATHER ALERT:
Excursions will not be canceled due to rain (the Atlantic jungle is a naturally rainy jungle and water is part of the identity of this place). Excursions are canceled only due to weather alerts that put the health and safety of people at risk. The decision to cancel the service lies with La Lorenza from 2 hours before the service.
CHANGE OF DATE POLICY:
Changes to reservation dates are subject to availability and updated rates.
What are the timings?
We offer two daily outings:
- Morning outing: from 8:00 am to approximately 1:30 pm.
- Afternoon outing: from 3:00 pm to approximately 8:30 pm.
During the winter season (June to August), we suggest departing at 2:00 pm.
The total duration of each outing is approximately 5.5 hours.
What should I bring to the tour?
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required.
- Note: When the water level in the river is low, the shoreline may be muddy, so footwear is likely to get dirty.
- Bathing suit.
- A change of clothes.
- Camera with free memory space.
- As a way of reducing single-use plastic, we invite you to bring a reusable water bottle that you can refill on-site.
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required to confirm the tour.
- Not recommended for:
- Children under 8 years old.
- Pregnant women.
- Individuals with back or neck problems.
- Anyone with physical limitations.
- Please inform us in advance if you have any health issues or allergies.
- Bring your passport.
Difficulty Level: Easy
- The hike includes a 150-meter ascent (approximately 500 feet).
What Our Travelers Says
September 5, 2023
Best experience at Iguazu Falls
"We were a group of 6 and can only recomend the agency! We were picked from Brazilian airport, visited the Brazilian side of the falls, then on the next day moved to Argentinian side and left from the Argentinian airport. The tour guide Damu was amazing! He is kind, provides valuable tips, organized the two days so we can see everything. We didn't wait anywhere! We crossed the border from Brazil to Argentina for 5 minutes maximum and Damu prepared the papers in advance. We asked for changes of the agreed schedule due to the weather and all was fine with no extra charge. The communication was perfect, Damo was on time all days and with great attention to details- we had time for pictures, for shopping, organization was perfect!Thank you, you made one time of experience for all of us!
August 26, 2023
A great day at Iguazu Falls
"Everything was well organised and on time. The tour guide was excellent. There was enough time to enjoy the views and the tour was not rushed. The lunch in El Fortin Cataratas was a delight!
August 9, 2023
An Amazing Day at Iguazu Falls
"We only had one day at Iguazu but we managed to see both sides of the falls thanks to our wonderful guide, Freddy. He went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful day. We even fitted in the Helicopter flight which was amazing. Definately a highlight of our trip!
July 21, 2023
Adriana Kopecká Ondrušová
The guide tour to Argentinien side of…
"The guide tour to Argentinien side of Iguazu was amazing. Our guide Valentina was very nice and competent. It was nice to meet her and speak with her. We met interesting people in our group, it was nice to talk to them. Everything was well organized. We were really satisfied and greatful, that we can see Iguazu. I highly recommend. Thanks for the experience. Adriana and Robin
July 14, 2023
We absolutely loved the pass
""We absolutely loved the pass. It took all the stress out of the transfers as we didn’t know how it would work crossing the border. The guide took charge and made it very straightforward. Especially as very few people speak English. The tours were extremely well planned, the guide, Emanuel was friendly, enthusiastic, funny and knowledgeable. His English was excellent and we would recommend him to anyone. There were no issues and we were very happy with everything. Cheers Susan."