Best Time to Visit Iguazu Falls, in Argentina and Brazil
The following text can help you to know what's the best time to visit Iguazu Falls, in Argentina and Brazil. Keep them in mind when you are planning your trip.
Last modified: 13 September, 2017
Iguazu Falls is an attraction that have an annual tourism season. You can go every time of the year without problems, because the national park never closes and always have tourism coming in.
But, it useful to know that there are a few dates of the year that can be better than others.
The first thing that you should consider is the weather in Iguazu Falls:
- You should avoid December to January, because these are the hottest time of the year. Also, in these dates is the vacation in Argentina and Brazil, so you should expect a higher prices and a lot of people in the national park.
- Also, keep in mind that April and May, and October and November, are the dates with more rain. But that shouldn’t be a constraint, because you will be get wet anyway once you are in the falls.
So, the best time to visit Iguazu falls should be from March to September or October.
But if you are thinking about going to other place besides the falls, keep in mind the following dates when you visit Iguazu Falls:
- Patagonia: If you want to go to Patagonia, we recommend to do Iguazu Falls before October, because after that is the best time to go to Patagonia due to his weather (before that the zone is very cold).
- Machu Picchu: If you prefer go to Machu Picchu (Peru), you should plan your trip to both places between April and September, because outside of that range are the season of rain the Peru, and can be hard to go there. We recommend do Machu Picchu first and then Iguazu Falls, because you have a direct flight from there.
- Ibera Marshes: Meanwhile, if want to go to Ibera Marshes, we recommend to do both places in February-March or September-October, because in that time you can see a lot of animals and birds in the Ibera Marshes.
To wrap-it up, remember to do your bookings between March to September. But if you have any doubt, ask your tour operator about the dates, so they maybe can arrange your tour in a special date.